Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for the Members of the Council
- A Council Member or Associate Member of the Carpet Export Promotion Council will try and buy or sell, for the purpose of trading Carpet/Dari/Rugs only from/to other Council Member or Associate Member of the Carpet Export Promotion Council.
- Members undertake that no child labour is used on their premises or in the weaving of their carpets in contravention of the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986.
- Members undertake to get their carpets woven only on registered looms or get their looms registered with the CEPC.
- Members are to abide by all social compliances and environment compliances like equal opportunity employer, payment of appropriate wages and overtime with all employment benefits, treatment of all liquid discharge, recycling of water, rain water harvesting and medical and health benefits.
- Not to indulge in copying of designs and styles from other exporters and importers across the globe and support original ideas and designs.
- Not to indulge in misrepresentation by way of quality, quantity, product, Intellectual property, designs, value and process of production during sale or purchase of handmade Carpets/Rugs/Drugets
- In case of violation of the Code of Conduct, a Show-Cause Notice will be issued to the members by giving him/her an opportunity to explain the circumstances under which the violation has been made.
- The explanation so received will be placed before the Committee of Administration to enable it to decide action to be taken in respect of that violation.
- In case a member is found guilty of violating any of the terms of the Code of Conduct in more than two occasions, the Secretary, Carpet Export Promotion Council will put the case before the Committee of Administration for a decision regarding de-registration of such members.
- It will be the responsibility of each member to ensure strict compliance of the Code of Conduct.
The Code of Conduct is mandatory for all members of the Council.